While we at GiftCard Partners are familiar with scrip fundraising, it occurred to us that many still don't know about this popular fundraising program. Scrip fundraising allows shoppers to purchase gift cards to hundreds of different retailers, not to mention many GiftCard Partners g
ift card brands, at full price and a portion of that payment will go towards their own organizations. The fundraising program works great for any school, church, team, club or non-profit.
So how does it work? Great Lakes Scrip lays out the process for you.
The Basics of a Scrip Program*
- Your members buy retail gift cards through your scrip program at face value.
- They choose from nearly 400 national retail stores where they already shop. Click here for a full list.
- Your organization buys the gift cards at 1-13% less than face value (varies by retailer).
- The difference between face value and what your organization pays = your organization’s earnings.
- Your fundraising has begun!
- Check out an example
*Great Lakes Scrip website, How Scrip Works
Below is an example of how much one family can earn from using scrip for all of their shopping in a year.**