Administrative Professionals Day is right around the corner. This year we will recognize and celebrate over 4 million administrative professionals, office assistants, and other office professionals for their important contributions to the workplace.
In light of this important day, we are sharing its history and the best gift cards for administrative professionals day to help you come up with a few ideas to reward and recognize your administrative staff.
History of Administrative Professionals Day
- 1952 – National Professional Secretaries Week and National Secretary’s Day were created to recognize the importance and value of secretaries to companies and businesses and to encourage more women to become secretaries.
- 1981 – The name was changed to Professional Secretaries Day/Week when the National Secretaries Association became Professional Secretaries International (PSI).
- 1998 – The PSI changed their name to the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP).
- 2000 – The holiday designation was changed to Administrative Professionals Day/Week reflecting both changing job titles and the expansion of responsibilities of the administrative workforce.
With the nature of the profession constantly evolving, more men are stepping into the administrative role, around 5% of administrative professionals are male.
The Best Way to Recognize Your Admins
There are many ways to appreciate your admins and recognize the importance they have at your company. Gift cards have become the #1 most requested reward in recent years and with their continuous rise in popularity, we have compiled a list of the best gift cards for administrative assistants this year.
- Lunch Gift Cards - Take your admins out to lunch, have lunch catered in the office, or send admins a food gift card so they can order food while working from home The Cheesecake Factory, Boston Market, Uber Eats, Whole Foods Market, Giant Eagle® and Subway are great lunch options.
- Relaxation Gift Cards - Reward admins with gift cards that allow them to relax, rest and unwind after a long year of diligent work. Popular relaxation brands for admins include Spa Week/Spa Finder, Barnes & Noble, Bath & Body Works, and The Vitamin Shoppe.
- Gift Basket & Pastry Gift Cards - Everyone appreciates a sweet treat and gift baskets. Some of our most popular options for admins’ day include Cheryl's Cookies, Shari's Berries, and Harry & David.
- Choice Card - If you're not sure which gift card brand to reward admins with, the Engage2Reward™ Choice Card provides total flexibility by giving admins the freedom to choose a brand that excites them most. After receiving a digital Choice Card, admins can redeem it from over 300 retailers ranging from clothing & apparel to groceries & restaurants.