Today, nurses are on the frontline of the COVID-19 pandemic sweeping the world, putting both their physical and mental health in jeopardy to help patients and at-risk populations. Saying thank you to nurses and healthcare workers is more important now than ever. One way we can help them in this time of need is by spreading awareness of their outstanding efforts and providing them with resources they need to help them take care of themselves as they care for patients.
National Nurses Week, May 6-12, is an opportunity for everyone – individuals, employers, health care organizations, community leaders – to recognize the contributions and positive impact of America’s 4 million registered nurses. Coincidentally, the World Health Organization has dedicated 2020 as the International Year of the Nurse and Midwife as this year marks Florence Nightingale’s 200th birthday.
Your effort to say thank you goes a long way. Use this holiday to show how much nurses and healthcare workers are appreciated and that their hard work doesn’t go unnoticed during these difficult times.
Gift Cards: An Easy Way to Thank Nurses and Healthcare Workers
Gift cards can help ensure nurses have healthcare essentials as well as ensure they have other essentials that take care of their whole family while sheltering in place. Some gift card brands worth considering that you can easily ship, email, or text are:
- Home Chef: Help nurses save time by eliminating the need to go to the grocery store and cutting out the time it takes to search for recipes. Giving the gift of a home-cooked meal can take a load off their minds. It also can be an activity to bring the whole family together in cooking a meal to help maintain stability at home and enjoy family time around the dinner table.
- DoorDash: Make mealtime easy by getting breakfast, lunch, dinner and more delivered from their favorite restaurants right to their doorstep with one easy click.
- CVS Pharmacy® Gift Cards: Stocking up on the healthy essential items they need is an easy way to help nurses and healthcare workers.
- Target or Walmart: Last-minute trips to get household items they will need supports their family’s wellbeing.
- HBO Now, Hulu, SlingTV or Showtime: We all love streaming TV. Endless content on-demand can help unwind with families while outdoor activities are limited.
- Audible and Spotify: Help them relax and unwind with their favorite titles. Audible has digital audiobooks, radio and TV programs, and audio versions of magazines and newspapers.
If you’re looking for more options, GiftCardPartners offers more than 250 gift card brands to choose from through our Engage2Reward ordering portal. You can select your gift card brand based on your recipients’ preferences and needs, and conveniently ship, email or text your selections directly to the end recipient. Show your appreciation for nurses’ dedication and commitment during National Nurses Week this year by recognizing and helping them with contributions during these challenging times.